Experienced Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyers
Atlanta Truck Accident Attorneys with 75+ Years of Experience
Our award-winning law firm has become known for keeping a small caseload in order to provide high-quality legal representation our clients deserve. When it comes to quality, we never compromise.
“Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC by far the best personal injury lawyers in Atlanta Georgia. I have dealt with them twice in the last few years, and I must say both experiences were great. They are fair and honest. And believe you me they will get you every dollar you deserve!”- Alexander
We have recovered more than $600 Million in compensation for our clients, which has earned us membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and a reputation amongst the truck accident attorneys of Atlanta. We believe that negligent individuals should be held legally accountable for their actions and that their victims should be rightfully compensated.
Why Choose Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC?
- $600+ Million Recovered for Past Clients
- 75+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
- Personal Attention, Like You Are One of Our Own
- Available 24/7 to Take Your Call
- Free Initial Consultation
- If We Don't Win, You Don't Pay
When you retain our legal services, our team will carefully review the details of your truck accident in order to establish liability. Once our 18 wheeler accident lawyers determine who is responsible for the accident, we will create a results-driven strategy specifically tailored with your needs in mind.
What Factors Determine Damages in Truck Accident Cases?
In order to determine damages, courts will look at a variety of issues and factors, including the following:
1. Medical bills: This is probably the most important factor that a court will take into account in calculating damages for a truck accident case. The court can look at bills and expenses for medical services such as doctors, hospital stays, emergency room treatment, ambulance fees, physical therapy, medical accessories, and in-home services. To be factored into the compensation, the plaintiff must show that the medical expenses resulted from the truck accident injury.
2. Property damage: The court may factor in damage to your car and other property. You will probably need photographs or other evidence that demonstrate the extent of the damage to your car. Approved auto insurance claims may also benefit your case.
3. Lost wages: The plaintiff may be able to recover damages that represent the amount of money he would have earned if he had not been injured from the time of the injury to the settlement of the case. The court may also consider lost future earning capacity from the injury.
4. Pain and suffering: The court may consider the past, present, and future physical pain suffered by the plaintiff as a result of the accident. The court will consider a number of factors when trying to put a monetary value on pain and suffering.
5. Emotional distress: A court can take into account any emotional distress suffered by the plaintiff following the accident. The court will look at the intensity, duration, and underlying cause of the distress in determining damages.
6. Punitive damages: If the defendant’s behavior was particularly egregious, the court may award damages that are specifically meant to punish the defendant. Punitive damages are fairly rare but do occur in some truck accident cases.
7. Comparative/contributory negligence laws: The degree of your own fault in the accident can factor into the damages the court awards to you. Many states have comparative or contributory negligence laws that can reduce or even bar damage awards, depending on how much the plaintiff was at fault.
The amount of damages awarded by a judge or jury in a civil lawsuit depends on many factors, many of them somewhat subjective. The most important thing you can do to ensure a positive outcome is to talk to and hire a quality attorney who has experience litigating truck accident cases.
How Is Liability Determined After a Trucking Accident?
Establishing liability in the aftermath of a truck accident is a difficult process. With so many potential defendants all trying to cover their backs, having an experienced Atlanta truck accident lawyer by your side makes a huge difference. In some instances, one entity owns the truck, another owns the trailer, a third employs the driver, and a fourth was in charge of loading. Depending on how the accident unfolded, some or all of them could be legally responsible.
Commercial and tractor-trailer accidents can be caused by:
Following a truck accident, it can be difficult to determine who is responsible for the accident and subsequent injuries. Responsibility may be on the truck driver, the owner of the truck, the individual or company that leased the truck, the manufacturer of truck parts, or the loader of the cargo in the truck.
Under federal law, trucking companies are liable for accidents involving a truck on which the company’s placard or name is displayed. In the past, trucking companies attempted to separate themselves from liability by leasing trucks and hiring independent contractors, but current law holds companies responsible regardless of lease agreements and whether or not the driver was independently contracted.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident, you should contact an Atlanta truck accident attorney immediately. An attorney can review the facts of your case and determine whether you have a viable claim. If so, they can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
What Type of Injuries Are Common in Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can cause injuries similar to those sustained in any motor vehicle accident. Due to their significant mass, however, semi-trucks and other large trucks can cause more damage than smaller passenger vehicles when they are involved in collisions. As a result, the injuries sustained in truck accidents can often be catastrophic.
Common injuries caused by semi-truck accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Crush injuries
Because of the serious injuries that can result, anyone injured in a truck accident should seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is true even in cases where no injuries are readily apparent, as some injuries, such as soft tissue and organ damage, may not become symptomatic for days or even weeks after an accident occurs.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation on Your Behalf
Our goal is to help you attain the maximum compensation you are entitled to by law. In the event you are offered a low settlement amount by the involved insurance company, we are ready to take your case to trial if necessary. You can feel confident in knowing your claim is backed by seasoned trial lawyers who were named "Pre-Eminent Lawyers in the United States" by Fortune Magazine.
Over $250 Million in Recoveries Involving Tractor Trailers & Commercial Motor Vehicles
Truck accidents have the potential to cause serious injuries in drivers and passengers alike. Because of their enormous size and weight, trucks can easily wreak havoc on our roads when they collide with smaller sized vehicles. When this occurs, injuries are common and filing a personal injury claim can help you and your family.
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, you need to speak with our truck accident attorneys in Atlanta at Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC We can help you file a personal injury claim in order to help you secure the maximum compensation you need for your accident-related injuries.
Contact Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC for more information about how our truck accident lawyers in Atlanta can assist you with your truck accident matter.
$150 Million Truck Driver DUI: Wrongful Death
$30 Million Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries Requiring Extensive Treatment
$24,000,000 Commercial Motor Vehicle Collision Involving Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
$20 Million Medical Negligence: Medical Malpractice
$17,250,00 Wrongful death tractor trailer collision
$9 Million Medical Negligence: Traumatic Brain Injury
We apply our 75 years of combined legal experience to make sure each and every case is meticulously prepared for trial.
We have successfully represented clients against some of the largest corporations, insurance companies, and hospitals.
Our attorneys are nationally recognized for providing exceptional service and obtaining outstanding results.
Our boutique setting ensures you receive small firm care – all with the advocacy, skill, and experience of a large firm.
If you are looking for the most efficient, professional and ethical law firm in Georgia you do not need to look any further than Goldstein Hayes & Lina, P.C. There are not enough kind and positive words that can use to express the gratitude and respect- Eileen G.
Atty. Jonathan Hayes worked very hard for me and getting my case settle in a timely matter. I will recommend Goldstein Hayes & Lina P.C. to anyone looking for the best personal injury attorneys in Atlanta. They have exceeded my expectations.- Shunte
Goldstein Hayes & Lina made my unfortunate experience positive by representing me with little to no work on my end. It allowed me to heal from my injuries without worries. Mr. Hayes and paralegals were extremely attentive, personable, and there for me- Lauren J.
Mr. Hayes, Jessica and Alli have helped me with two cases in the past 3 years, and they have been so wonderful! The generosity and kindness of everyone at this practice are just great. I will always refer them to anyone that needs legal representation f- Amanda S.
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort Jonathan Hayes and his staff have put into making my case successful!! Me and my family are forever grateful for all the help and support you have given us over the years. Jonathan Hayes fights fo- Cherry H.
Mr. Hayes, as well as his paralegal Jessica, offered us compassionate and professional service. Nothing can bring our son back, but having Mr. Hayes walk us through the litigation process made this nightmare just a little bit more bearable.- Dorcas W.
If you're looking for a firm that will fight for you, this is definitely the place to be. No fast-talking or bait and switch. They did everything they said they would do! They stood by me and concerned themselves with what concerned me.- Tina C.
Both Jonathan and Jessica are extremely professional and really took care of me. Their communication was incredible through the whole process and I never had to worry about anything. From the start, they were really involved and interested in my wellbeing- Jessica P.