Premises Liability Attorneys in Atlanta
Hurt on Another Party's Property?
Businesses and property owners in the state of Georgia owe certain legal duties to those entering on their premises. The duties vary according to the relationship between the owner of the land or property and the person entering the premises.
Generally, the degree of care owed by an owner to others is divided into three categories as follows:
- Invitee: the owner is liable for his failure in keeping the premises and approaches safe (O.C.G.A. § 51-3-1);
- Licensee: the owner is liable for willful or wanton injury (O.C.G.A. § 51-3-2); and
- Trespasser: the owner owes no duty of care except to refrain from causing a willful or wanton injury (O.C.G.A. § 51-3-3).
Premises liability claims are fact orientated and there are many rules, exceptions to the rules, and unique cases. Further, premises liability law often changes and develops. Though not every injury, accident or assault can be avoided, property owners are required to meet minimum safety standards based upon their relationship with the other party as outlined above. These standards also vary from property to property — depending on what the premises are used for and where they are located.
Common Types of Premises Liability Accidents
Types of premises liability claims can include:
- Swimming pool accident claims – drowning, near drowning, drain entrapment, falls or diving accidents
- Construction accidents – failure to abide by safety standards or proper building, construction or life safety codes causing injury to another
- Toxic torts – environmental claims from the use or ownership of hazardous materials that cause injuries to another, such as exposure to certain chemicals causing cancer in groundwater
- Slip-and-fall accidents — resulting from wet or slippery walking surfaces
- Trip-and-fall accidents — resulting from static defects, uneven sidewalks, torn carpeting, broken floorboards or uneven stairways
- Dangerous conditions — such as exposed wiring or potholes
- Inadequate maintenance — resulting in damage or injuries from falling debris
- Negligent security — giving cover to a criminal attack, rape or sexual assault
- Daycare or childcare negligence — leading to the injury of a child
- Dram shop – selling, furnishing or serving alcoholic beverages to a person not of the lawful drinking age, knowing such person will soon be driving a motor vehicle, or who knowing sells, furnishes or serves alcoholic beverages to a person who is in a state of noticeable intoxication, knowing that such person will soon be driving a motor vehicle, may be liable to those injured
Contact Our Experienced Atlanta Premises Liability Lawyers for Help
If you were injured by an accident, assault or otherwise suffered an injury related to the use of property, whether private, public or residential, the owner of that property may be liable for your injuries. It is imperative that you seek the advice of an experienced Atlanta premises liability attorney to help evaluate the potential premises liability claim.
At Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC, our Atlanta premises liability lawyers share more than 75 years of combined professional experience and have recovered more than $400 Million for our clients. Our commitment to excellence has resulted in numerous accolades and recognition, including membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, selection for The National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and inclusion in the list of Super Lawyers®.
To see whether or not you have a premises liability claim, call our personal injury team today at (888) 425-6070 for a free consultation.
Case ResultsMore Than $400 Million Won for Georgia's Injured
Premises Liability: Shooting $2.4 Million
Premise Liability: Hotel Shooting $2 Million
Premises Liability: Shooting Incident $2 Million
Negligent Supervision: child thrown from bounce house, suffering serious head injury $1.25 Million
Client TestimonialsReal Stories of Recovery
The most efficient, professional and ethical law firm in Georgia.- Eileen G.
They have exceeded my expectations.- Shunte
Extremely attentive, personable, and there for me.- Lauren J.
They have been so wonderful.
Mr. Hayes, Jessica and Alli have helped me with two cases in the past 3 years, and they have been so wonderful! The generosity and kindness of everyone at this practice are just great. I will always refer them to anyone that needs legal representation f”- Amanda S.
They have a client for life!!- Cherry H.
How We Put You First
75 Years of Combined Experience
We apply our 75 years of combined legal experience to make sure each and every case is meticulously prepared for trial.
Over $600 Million in Recoveries
We have successfully represented clients against some of the largest corporations, insurance companies, and hospitals.
Recognized for Our Expertise, with the Awards to Prove It
Our attorneys are nationally recognized for providing exceptional service and obtaining outstanding results.
Personal Attention, Like You Are One of Our Own
Our boutique setting ensures you receive small firm care – all with the advocacy, skill, and experience of a large firm.
Let our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys make the difference in your case.