Atlanta Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
Claims Against Distracted & Texting Drivers
If you were in an accident with a distracted driver, then you should waste no time in bringing a claim for compensation against them. Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC in Atlanta is here to help you understand and utilize your rights as an injured motorist who was struck by a distracted driver. Oftentimes, distracted drivers will double-down when called out for being distracted, and they will refuse to accept any liability. The insurance companies that represent them will stand firmly with them, too. Get ready for any trouble they can cause you and your case by getting us on your side today.
On This Page:
- The Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Forms of Driver Distraction
- Proving the Other Driver Was Distracted
- What to Do After a Distracted Driving Accident
- How to Prevent Distracted Driving
- Get Award-Winning Legal Help
Distracted driving is not an issue that is just “frustrating,” it is downright dangerous and can be deadly. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 3,100 people across the country lost their lives to distracted driving in 2019. Countless others were seriously injured in such crashes.
Distracted driving is so dangerous because it can:
- Take a driver’s eyes off the road, so they are basically driving blind.
- Take a driver’s hands off the steering wheel, so they are practically not controlling their vehicle.
- Take a driver’s mind off the task of driving, so they are essentially daydreaming behind the wheel.
Drivers can be distracted in many ways, such as:
- Eating or drinking
- Talking with passengers
- Adjusting the GPS
- Changing the music or radio station
- Looking at a billboard
Texting and driving is widely believed to be the most dangerous type of driving distraction. Texting while driving is not only extremely common because nearly every driver owns a smartphone, but it is also highly dangerous because it engages a driver in all three forms of distraction at once. Picking up a phone distracts the hands, looking at a text distracts the eyes, and thinking about a text distracts the mind for 30 seconds or more on average.
You know that the driver who hit you was using their cellphone when the car accident happened. Your knowledge and words alone are not enough to convince an insurance claim adjuster or the court that you are right, though. Our distracted driving accident lawyers in Atlanta can look for evidence of their negligence in various places and forms, so we can prove that the other driver was distracted. Meanwhile, we want you to focus on taking care of yourself.
Evidence of driver distraction can come in the form of:
- Eyewitness testimonies
- Police reports
- Traffic cam footage
- Cellphone data records
Our goal is to prove clearly that the other driver was not paying attention to the road around them while they were driving. As such, they should inherently be liable for the accident. The more liable they are found, the more compensation you can recover from them and their insurance policies.
Similar to any other type of car accident, you should take the following steps after your accident to preserve evidence and to protect your rights:
- Call the police and file a report if they have not already responded to the accident
- Take photos of your injuries, your vehicle, the accident scene, etc.
- Avoid speaking with the other driver's insurance company without first speaking to a lawyer
- Talk to a lawyer about your case as quickly as possible
- Keep any medical bills or medication receipts following your accident
While there isn't much evidence you can collect at the scene to support the fact that the other driver was distracted at the time of the accident, your lawyer may be able to draw evidence from things including witness statements, police reports, cell phone records, video footage, and more.
Most drivers would admit to having been distracted while driving at some time or another. One of the best ways we can help decrease the number of distracted driving accidents in Atlanta is by encouraging each other to:
- Only use your phone for emergency situations while driving (when possible pull over to the side of the road)
- Pull over when you feel tired or drowsy
- Be respectful passengers (avoid being too loud or distracting to the driver)
- Ask your passenger to do any multi-tasking for you (adjusting the radio, answering a text, getting something out of your bag)
- Finish getting ready before leaving home so that you aren't shaving, doing makeup, etc. in the car
- Adjust any mirrors or seat settings prior to leaving home or work
- Avoid eating or drinking while driving
Our distracted driving accident attorneys in Atlanta have been helping people throughout Georgia with difficult injury claims for more than 75 collective years of practice experience. In those decades, we have won numerous professional awards and secured more than $400 million in compensation for our clients. We cannot promise how any case will unfold, but we believe our strong past and history of successes shows that we have what it takes to find victory in even the most difficult of situations. You should place your trust and your case in a team as capable as ours.
Truck Driver DUI: Wrongful Death $150 Million
Automobile Negligence: Products Liability $4.5 Million
Commercial Motor Vehicle Collision: Multiple Fractures $2.75 Million
Commercial Motor Vehicle Collision $2.75 Million
Automobile Negligence: Multiple Injuries $2.4 Million
Motor Vehicle Accident with Multiple Injuries $2.2 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision with Multiple Injuries $1.95 Million
Automobile Negligence: Herniated Disc $1.3 Million
Automobile Negligence: Multiple Fractures $1.2 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision with Lumbar Fusion $1.2 Million
The most efficient, professional and ethical law firm in Georgia.- Eileen G.
They have exceeded my expectations.- Shunte
Extremely attentive, personable, and there for me.- Lauren J.
They have been so wonderful.
Mr. Hayes, Jessica and Alli have helped me with two cases in the past 3 years, and they have been so wonderful! The generosity and kindness of everyone at this practice are just great. I will always refer them to anyone that needs legal representation f”- Amanda S.
They have a client for life!!- Cherry H.
75 Years of Combined Experience
We apply our 75 years of combined legal experience to make sure each and every case is meticulously prepared for trial.
Over $400 Million in Recoveries
We have successfully represented clients against some of the largest corporations, insurance companies, and hospitals.
Recognized for Our Expertise, with the Awards to Prove It
Our attorneys are nationally recognized for providing exceptional service and obtaining outstanding results.
Personal Attention, Like You Are One of Our Own
Our boutique setting ensures you receive small firm care – all with the advocacy, skill, and experience of a large firm.