Atlanta Car Accident Attorney
Millions in Verdicts & Settlements for Car Accident Victims Across Atlanta
When people are injured in car accidents in the Atlanta metro area, they turn to Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC — our auto accident attorneys in Atlanta have received some of the most consistent and sizable case results in the state. Our commitment to securing legal and financial justice is how we made our name, and it's why insurance companies know they need to do right by our clients. From drunk driving accidents to motorists who text and drive, our Atlanta auto accident attorneys have won every type of car collision case there is. When you need a top-rated Atlanta car accident attorney, look no further than our law firm.
Why Choose Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC?
- $400+ Million Recovered for Past Clients
- 75+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
- Personal Attention, Like You Are One of Our Own
- Available 24/7 to Take Your Call
- Free Initial Consultation
- If We Don't Win, You Don't Pay
With more than six decades of combined experience to our name, we are the kind of law firm you need on your side. We are proud to have Atlanta car accident attorneys on our legal team who have been honored with inclusion on the Super Lawyers® list.
“They handled everything on my behalf and I couldn't have been more pleased. they will remain my attorney in the event I need them again and I highly recommend them. If you are searching for an attorney to represent you, they will take good care of you." - Jessica, 5/5 Stars
Call (888) 425-6070 to speak with the Atlanta auto accident attorneys at Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC for expert representation in your personal injury case. Do not suffer severe or debilitating injuries alone! Contact our firm today.
On This Page:
- Why You Should Hire an Attorney
- How a Lawyer Can Help
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Types of Damages You Can Recover
- Choosing the Right Car Accident Attorney
- Car Accident FAQs
Why It Is In Your Best Interest to Hire a Car Accident Attorney
Victims of car accidents often find themselves with a surmounting list of problems. Such problems may include vehicle damage, injuries, hospital bills, and all the stress and anxiety that goes along with them. Are you even aware of the car accident statute of limitations in Georgia? Of course, add to that the difficulty of dealing with obstructive insurance adjusters. Many people in this situation begin to ask whether it’s time to hire an attorney to help them. The question, then, is what can an Atlanta accident attorney do for people who have suffered an automobile accident?
How A Lawyer Can Help After An Accident:
- An Attorney Can Help You Understand the Value of Your Case – Not only are attorneys well versed in the applicable laws relating to car accidents and personal injury cases, a good attorney has years of experience with the court system. Do you know the average settlement for car accidents in Georgia? An attorney has a good idea of the ballpark value of a case and what types of evidence can bolster such your claim. Although it must be remembered that no two cases are the same (and that the court system is something of a gamble), an attorney can at least give you an idea of what to expect if you file a car accident injury lawsuit. Many attorneys can provide an initial consultation for a reduced price–often for free. Such a consultation can give you great insight into how to move forward with your situation.
- An Attorney Can Help You Gather Essential Evidence - Success in any legal case depends on evidence. Such evidence can include police reports, accident scene photos, medical records, evidence of lost wages, repair bills, doctor consultations, and the like. Your Atlanta car accident attorney can help gather all these pieces of evidence to help build a strong case for you. Additionally, an attorney can gather evidence by questioning other parties or witnesses involved in the accident, either by written request or through in-person interviews known as depositions. An attorney has years of experience knowing where to find, and how to obtain, the best evidence available for your case.
- An Attorney Can Negotiate on Your Behalf – One of the best skills an attorney can bring to your aid is the ability to advocate on your behalf. A good attorney can doggedly represent your interests when dealing with other parties. Whether it’s a claims adjuster, a bill collector, or an opposing lawyer, your attorney can fight for your case without being susceptible to the intimidation and scare tactics used against those who don’t have legal representation. No matter the situation, your attorney will always have your best interests at heart.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident by the negligent driving of another and is considering hiring a skilled auto accident lawyer in Atlanta, it is essential that you do not delay.
If you have questions about who may be at fault for your injuries, how to deal with claims adjusters, or whether you may recover for your damages, the car injury lawyers at Goldstein and Hayes, P.C., can answer your questions and assess your case. We have years of experience helping personal injury victims navigate the Georgia legal system to hold those responsible for their injuries accountable.
What Should I Ask An Attorney After A Car Accident In Atlanta?
If you got into a car accident and are seeking help and guidance for the next best steps to take to receive the compensation that you deserve, it's critical that you choose to work with a car accident lawyer who has sufficient experience and expertise in car accident claims. You will need all the help and support that you can get during this time, and there are a couple of things to consider that will help ensure that you are working with the right attorney.
Here are some questions to ask your attorneys before hiring them:
- For how many years have you been a practicing lawyer?
- What is your success rate?
- How many clients have you helped receive the compensation they were looking for?
- How much will it cost to hire you for my case?
- Will my case need to be taken to court? And if so, do you have court representation experience for injured clients?
- How often will we be communicating and through what means?
- How experienced are you in negotiating with insurance companies for your clients?
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer for my case?
- What deadlines do I have to meet, and will you help ensure that all of those deadlines are thoroughly met?
- What are the legal options that are currently available to me?
- What do you think about my case and the likelihood of me being able to receive my compensation amount?
- What additional information will you need from me for this case?
- How long will it take for my case to be resolved?
- How long will it take until I receive my compensation?
- What damages am I legally entitled to recover?
If you are looking for a legal expert who will not only help the chances of you receiving the full compensation that you deserve but who will also genuinely care for your particular case, contact our car accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA today!
Common Car Accident Injuries
Auto accidents can cause death or life-threatening and serious injuries such as:
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones/fractures
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Our award-winning law firm can guide you through the claims-filing process, which involves presenting an injury claim against the at-fault party's insurance company. If you or a family member is injured in an auto accident, it is imperative that you speak with an Atlanta car accident attorney before speaking to an insurance claims adjuster. Our car crash law firm is here to help you get through this, one step at a time.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Atlanta
Atlanta ranks among the nation’s worst for heavy traffic and commute times. It may seem as if car accidents in the city are inevitable and completely out of a driver’s control. On the contrary, studies show that a large majority of car accidents are caused by human error and driver negligence. To make matters worse, many of us spend up to several hours each day in our vehicles, which only increases our risk of being in a car accident.
Top causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: including texting while driving, eating, talking on the phone, and other activities that divert a driver’s attention from the road.
- Speeding: Speed limit laws exist to protect motorists. When a driver is speeding, this lowers the driver’s ability to brake in a safe manner and avoid hazards on the road.
- Drunk driving: Drinking and driving is an epidemic that has caused countless injuries and fatalities. Not only can the drunk driver be held liable in a civil court, but criminal charges can also result.
- Sleepy driving: In addition to the risk of falling asleep at the wheel, those who are fatigued tend to commit other driving errors, such as missing a stop sign, drifting into another lane, failing to see pedestrians, or reacting too slowly to stopped cars or other dangerous conditions.
- Violation of traffic signs: Failing to stop at a stop sign, running red lights, and making illegal turns are all examples of common violations of traffic laws that you can see every day on your commute.
- Poorly maintained vehicles and faulty auto parts: Poor vehicle maintenance and defective vehicles are also sources of serious car accidents. If a vehicle contains a defect, the auto manufacturer can be held liable for injuries that result.
- Inclement weather: Rain, snow, ice, or even heavy fog can all contribute to unsafe driving conditions, and cause a large number of accidents annually.
- Poor road conditions: Bad road conditions, such as rough asphalt, road hazards (i.e. potholes), and worn-out road markings can lead to auto accidents, purely because drivers are not aware of the operational procedures in that particular area.
From hazardous, unavoidable conditions in our infrastructure to negligence on behalf of our fellow travelers, there are more possible causes for accidents on the road than possibly ever before. Unfortunately, even the most diligent drivers must share the road with those who do not make safe driving a high priority. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, it is essential that you contact a skilled car accident attorney in Atlanta right away.
Types of Recoverable Damages from Auto Accident Suites in Georgia
Car accident victims may suffer terribly in the aftermath of the wreck. They may be forced to cover the costs of significant property damage, emergency medical treatment, doctor’s bills, and even long-term rehabilitation. Often, accident victims are also out of work due to their injuries and no longer have a source of income. Many people who have suffered an automobile accident then wonder what type of compensation the law grants to help pay for these bills.
Damages are given as compensation for the injury or loss sustained. Georgia law divides compensatory damages into two main categories: special damages and general damages.
- Those which actually flow from a tortuous act and must be proved in a specific amount. Special damages in an auto accident may include property damage, medical expenses, hospital bills, ambulance bills, doctor’s bills, physical therapist bills, and lost earnings or income.
Anyone who has had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a car accident knows that these quantifiable financial losses are not the only harms experienced by an accident victim. Accident victims experience stress, anxiety, exhaustion, fear, fatigue, and a host of other types of emotional turmoil. What about these harms? Accident victims who have experienced these types of suffering may also be awarded general damages after a crash.
- The exact types of general damages will vary widely from case to case. General damages in an auto accident may include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished capacity to work, labor, or earn money.
Although general damages are associated with types of harm not easily quantifiable, accident victims must nevertheless offer evidence to prove their losses. In nearly all circumstances, the only remedy that a civil court can offer is money. Accident victims should do their best to document their general damages, including keeping a list of doctor visits, medications, treatments, therapy, and the like. Often an award of general damages will depend on such factors as the seriousness of an injury, the sensitivities of a jury, and the abilities of an attorney. Damage awards in seemingly similar personal injury cases can vary.
In general, a victim’s susceptibility to injury does not limit the amount of liability borne by a negligent driver. For example, a driver may suffer from a rare bone condition. During an accident, the driver may suffer more serious injuries because of the bone condition than he would have otherwise. Under Georgia law, the person at fault for the accident bears a responsibility to compensate the injured driver.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, it is essential that you contact a car accident attorney right away. At Goldstein and Hayes, P.C., we have years of experience helping personal injury victims navigate the Georgia legal system to hold those responsible for their injuries accountable. Contact us today.
Choose An Experienced Auto Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Unlike other law firms that juggle large caseloads, our firm maintains a limited caseload. Why? Doing so allows us to give each case in our care the full and quality attention it merits and deserves. Our clients don't feel like just one more file number in a filing cabinet. We attribute our approach to the fact that we have recovered more than $400 Million on behalf of our clients.
Car Accident Lawsuit FAQ:
What is the average settlement for a car accident in Georgia?
We can't give you a definite estimate of what your settlement may be worth without discussing your case with you, in general, the amount of compensation you may recover will depend largely on how serious your accident was and how much damage was done both to your physical person and to your property. For example, if you suffered minor injuries such as whiplash and minimal damage to your car, your settlement may be less than $10,000. On the other hand, if you suffered serious injuries requiring multiple surgeries and a long recovery, you may be looking at a $100,000+ settlement.
What happens if you reject a settlement offer from the insurance company?
Once you decide to reject a settlement offer, you likely won't get a chance to change your mind. Your options after that are to either contact an Atlanta car wreck attorney and work to sue the insurance company for a fair settlement or move on without obtaining a settlement at all.
How long do car accidents take to settle?
In most cases, if you are able to come to an agreeable settlement with the insurance company without having to file a lawsuit, your claim may be resolved in 6-12 months, sometimes less. However, if you find yourself in a legal battle with the insurance company, the timeframe tends to be longer. This is because both sides will need time to build their case and then present it in court. While this may take longer (sometimes 2-3 years), the end result is often worth the wait because you can be sure you're receiving a fair settlement that covers all of your damages.
What is the car accident statute of limitations in Georgia?
A statute of limitations limits the time within which a party can bring a lawsuit. If the party does not bring the lawsuit within the time designated by the statute, they lose the right to sue. Georgia has a statute of limitations of 2 years. For car accident claims, the timer usually starts running from the date of a person's accident (there is an exception to this for wrongful death claims). While this may sound like plenty of time, it is easy to lose track of the days and months following a traumatic accident and injury. You should always contact a personal injury lawyer immediately after your car accident.
$150 Million Truck Driver DUI: Wrongful Death
$30 Million Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries Requiring Extensive Treatment
$24,000,000 Commercial Motor Vehicle Collision Involving Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
$20 Million Medical Negligence: Medical Malpractice
$17,250,00 Wrongful death tractor trailer collision
$9 Million Medical Negligence: Traumatic Brain Injury
We apply our 75 years of combined legal experience to make sure each and every case is meticulously prepared for trial.
We have successfully represented clients against some of the largest corporations, insurance companies, and hospitals.
Our attorneys are nationally recognized for providing exceptional service and obtaining outstanding results.
Our boutique setting ensures you receive small firm care – all with the advocacy, skill, and experience of a large firm.
If you are looking for the most efficient, professional and ethical law firm in Georgia you do not need to look any further than Goldstein Hayes & Lina, P.C. There are not enough kind and positive words that can use to express the gratitude and respect- Eileen G.
Atty. Jonathan Hayes worked very hard for me and getting my case settle in a timely matter. I will recommend Goldstein Hayes & Lina P.C. to anyone looking for the best personal injury attorneys in Atlanta. They have exceeded my expectations.- Shunte
Goldstein Hayes & Lina made my unfortunate experience positive by representing me with little to no work on my end. It allowed me to heal from my injuries without worries. Mr. Hayes and paralegals were extremely attentive, personable, and there for me- Lauren J.
Mr. Hayes, Jessica and Alli have helped me with two cases in the past 3 years, and they have been so wonderful! The generosity and kindness of everyone at this practice are just great. I will always refer them to anyone that needs legal representation f- Amanda S.
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort Jonathan Hayes and his staff have put into making my case successful!! Me and my family are forever grateful for all the help and support you have given us over the years. Jonathan Hayes fights fo- Cherry H.
Mr. Hayes, as well as his paralegal Jessica, offered us compassionate and professional service. Nothing can bring our son back, but having Mr. Hayes walk us through the litigation process made this nightmare just a little bit more bearable.- Dorcas W.
If you're looking for a firm that will fight for you, this is definitely the place to be. No fast-talking or bait and switch. They did everything they said they would do! They stood by me and concerned themselves with what concerned me.- Tina C.
Both Jonathan and Jessica are extremely professional and really took care of me. Their communication was incredible through the whole process and I never had to worry about anything. From the start, they were really involved and interested in my wellbeing- Jessica P.