JARED M. LINA
In 2013, Jared Lina decided to start working on behalf of grieving individuals who truly needed his help. Utilizing his knowledge, skills and experiences as “big firm” litigator and a television producer, Jared now successfully represents individuals and families who have suffered personal injuries or the wrongful death of loved ones. For the last decade, Jared has been recognized on an annual basis as one of the top lawyers in the State of Georgia, earning awards and distinctions such as Georgia “Super Lawyer,” “Top 40 Under 40” and “Georgia Rising Star.”
After graduating from Duke University, Jared worked as a television producer at ESPN in Bristol, Connecticut, producing features for popular shows such as SportsCenter, Sunday NFL Countdown and NFL Primetime. After winning his third Emmy Award for his production work, Jared moved to Atlanta and enrolled in law school at Georgia State University, where he graduated in the top-5 of his class. Jared spent the first six years of his legal career at large national law firms litigating complex commercial disputes on behalf of large companies.
Jared currently handles cases in Georgia and throughout the Southeast, focusing his practice on wrongful death cases, trucking accidents, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability cases, medical negligence, toxic torts, environmental contamination, products liability and business torts. Over the course of his career, Jared has successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for individuals who have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of others. He has achieved numerous 7-figure victories in matters against corporations, hospitals and insurance companies. Jared is regularly asked to speak as a legal expert regarding topics such as trial strategy, personal injury cases and toxic tort claims. Jared takes great pride in communicating with his clients, becoming intimately familiar with the facts of each case, and devising a case-specific strategy to maximize recovery for each of his clients.
Jared lives in Atlanta with his wife and two daughters. Jared has served a board member and committee member of Camp Sea Gull and Seafarer for many years, and remains active in the Duke University Alumni network in Atlanta.
- Georgia, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, B.A. (dual degree in Economics and Psychology)
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, J.D. (magna cum laude; Top-5 in graduating class)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association (STLA)
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
Honors and Awards:
- “Georgia Super Lawyer,” as published by Atlanta Magazine based on peer evaluation and independent research, 2020-2021
- “Rising Star,” as selected by peers and published by Atlanta Magazine (top 5% of attorneys in Georgia under 40), 2011-2018
- Top 40 under 40 in Georgia, as selected by the National Trial Lawyers