While there are many causes of brain injuries and there’s usually a need for legal action after negligence, but more important is your own health. In difficult situations, it’s important for you to find any way you can to prevent severe injuries from occurring.
Prevention is vital for any situation to avoid some of the most catastrophic harm from occurring. Unfortunately, prevention is not always possible, but here are a few things you can do on the road and in general that help to avoid severe damage.
Wear a Seat Belt and Be Aware of Negligence on the Road
Whenever you’re driving or a passenger in a vehicle, keeping your seat belt one is very important. A seat belt is your best option to restrain your body from moving throughout the cabin of your vehicle, which can lead to significant harm, including a brain injury.
You must also watch for signs of negligence on the road. Some of those signs include the following situations:
- Drivers who are speeding up and slowing down erratically
- Drivers who swerve from one lane to the next, potentially into oncoming traffic
- Drivers who ignore traffic signs and lights, as well as the laws of the road
- Drivers who are consistently looking down at a cellphone
One potential cause of a traumatic brain injury is a slip and fall. You may slip with your legs coming out from under you, landing on your back and potentially slamming your head to the ground. Prevention begins with understanding how these situations happen and paying close attention on someone else’s property.
Some of the things to be aware of include:
- Handrails that are loose or detached from the ground
- Carpets or rugs that are lifted and can catch above your toes
- Slippery patches on the ground such as ice or water on a smooth surface
- Uneven pavement that can cause you to trip
While you want to look for these dangers, it’s up to the owner of the property to fix any issues that can cause harm.
With our Atlanta brain injury attorneys on your side, you can feel peace of mind knowing what to expect throughout the process. Goldstein Hayes & Lina, LLC is here for you every step of the way to help you understand your rights and options should you sustain injuries due to negligence.