Few things are quite as frustrating as a long drawn-out personal injury
case. If you have been injured as a result of another’s negligence,
it is likely you are in need of compensation due to your costly medical
bills, loss of work or wages, or emotional distress in the form of pain
and suffering. However, if your case is taking too long to resolve and
you are still going without the compensation you deserve, it can drastically
hinder your healing process.
Unfortunately, the reality is that many personal injury cases can be held
up due to a number of reasons. Because every accident and every injury
is different, as is every case. If your losses are known and the liability
is not in dispute, the case should settle in a month or two. However,
if either of these things is not resolved immediately, your case can drag
out for some time--even years, if it so requires.
The following are common steps taken in a personal injury case:
- Injury evaluation, which usually involves doctors or medical professionals
- If both parties can come to an agreement, there is a settlement
- If not, the injured person files a lawsuit
- The discovery period, in which both parties learn about each other’s
side of the case
- Depositions, which your Atlanta personal injury lawyer will participate in
- Pre-trial motions, such as objections to evidence or the request of a case dismissal
- Mediation and settlement
- If there is no settlement, the case goes to trial, which can last anywhere
from a few days to a few weeks
- Once the trial is over, either side may file an appeal or motion if they so choose
Contact Our Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers of Goldstein & Hayes, P.C. make
your case a priority each time. This is why our legal team do everything
in our power to resolve your case efficiently and effectively. No matter
the challenges we may face, we will fight for you until the end--don't
face your case alone!
Speak to a member of our firm today by calling (888) 425-6070.